If we neglect to make an effort to take care of our well-being we can find ourselves stressed, jaded, unfulfilled or feeling trapped.
It can be hard to find the time or know what to do to look after our well-being, so what I have created is a
well-being journal ideal for teachers and teenagers! We need to set and track positive habits to ensure we’re being intentional and consistent, reflect on our day and show gratitude for the good things we have in our lives.
After getting overwhelmed with life as a teacher, I started to set and track my progress in habits I wanted to create, as well as journaling. It has been essential in helping me form good habits and take care of my emotional state too. By recording my journey, I have been able to spot patterns in my mood over the course of a year and I’m now able to plan ahead, manage my life effectively and look after my well-being. With this journal, you and your students can have that same control and emotional freedom!
• 70 pages
• Every page is hand rendered in zentangle style for mindful colouring
• Monthly journal pages for brief journaling
• Weekly journal pages for brief journaling
• Daily journal pages, both with prompts and plain for more detailed journaling
• Prompts encourage you to focus on achievement, self-care and future thoughts
• Daily tracker with 4 point system to monitor and review well-being each day
• Monthly gratitude jar keepsake to record daily joys
• 12 different zentangle themes for each month to add variety
• 4 different types of trackers: mood, sleep, exercise and one for your own habits
If you want to read more about the benefits of gratitude and how we can support our students more with this process, then check out these posts on 5 reasons we should be teaching gratitude in school and 5 ways to teach gratitude in the classroom. I've also got something special for us teachers on this topic too, so check out the
Teach On, Teach Strong Podcast episode called gratitude turns what you already have into enough!
This mood tracker accompanies the written aspect of the complete well-being journal brilliantly, as you can explain and reflect on specific days while still gaining an overview of the year and start recording patterns over time enabling you to plan for common difficult periods. You can download this for free here!
• It’s so easy to get caught up in day to day life that your well-being falls by the wayside but having somewhere to record your thoughts, feelings, memories and emotions puts these in the forefront of your mind ensuring you focus on them.
• Journaling has been proven to reduce physical disease symptoms and anxiety, enhance self-esteem and increase self-awareness.
• It can improve your self love and help you become really in tune with your own thoughts and emotions.
• Writing engages both the left and right side of the brain, enhancing problem solving capabilities.
• When you journal, you can go back and identify patterns to help you in the future as well as identify areas of personal growth to help you celebrate your successes.
• Overall, promotes well-being by allowing you to monitor your mental, physical and emotional wellness.
Click here to download the well-being journal from TpT ($) and click here to download it from this site (£).
So make this your best year ever and focus on you for a change with this well-being journal for students and teachers!