It's that time again! I'm doing a round up of the month and summarising for you what new teaching ideas I blogged about, what freebies I added to the VIP Member area, what new resources I posted in store, what resources I updated so you can redownload them, how school has been for me and any other exciting updates from October! Yay for everything being all nice and neat in one place, just how I like my classroom, haha!
School has been going well. OK, so I was starting to feel quite drained and snappy half-way through the month (eek) but fortunately we had our beloved half term break in the third week of October, so that came at a much needed time and really helped me reboot!
I've had to deal with a few tricky issues this month, but that's always the way when you manage a team of people! I also started the first round of lesson observations which went well. I just need to prepare for my own now, agh! :)
Student wise, I have had lots of high moments this month as I am making a conscientious effort to record them on my "Peak of My Week" posts On Instagram! I like to focus on the good as much as possible: yes teaching is hard (really hard) but we make such a positive difference and that should be celebrated and enjoyed, in my opinion!
Ooh, lots of exciting stuff has been going on in my TpT store this month which you will have noticed if you've popped by there recently! These are some of the biggest changes this month:
- I've started a huge makeover! What you'll start seeing now, is all my teaching resources have black covers and all my clip art will have white covers. This is to allow you to do some quick scanning to find what you want more easily! Plus everything looks much more uniform and generally neater - you know I like things neat! I've updated over 100 resources so far but believe it or not, I'm only half way through!? I'll keep plugging away at them throughout November for you :)
- These are some new resources I have added this month for you (I am super proud of these and I believe you're going to love them too!):
OK firstly, these watercolour splashes are divine - they are everything I have always needed but didn't know it until I had them! I am obsessed. I'm using them everywhere right now (check out the updated posters in the resources below and see if you can spot them there!) Heck, I've even jazzed up my social media logos on this website using them (see if you can find them too!) I am SO glad I made these for myself that I want to share them with you too!
I am also seriously obsessed with those superhero praise call-outs - like woah indeed! Gosh, the kids are going to love these. They were born out of a personal need (like the watercolour splashes were!) as I wanted praise words for a wall display, rather than just onomatopoeia... as you can see, I put them to work right away with some fun comic themed exit tickets! I definitely have more plans for these call-outs!
And finally, you know I love me some doodle quote colouring pages! These ones are especially designed for Remembrance Day and I plan on using them as a quiet reflection activity with my students come mid November. I think it's going to be really special for them.
- And here are some oldies but goodies that have had a recent makeover:
I've done a little tinkering on the site this month, have you noticed? The front page has changed quite a bit to make everything neater (surprise surprise!) and I am slightly obsessed with my new social media logos too (have you found them yet?)!
This month I blogged about:
- 7 top tips new teachers should learn asap: This was inspired by my own mentoring of a trainee teacher and so I included an exclusive freebie that you can only get by signing up to the newsletter! So if you're a new teacher, be sure to check it out!
- Fun Remembrance Day Activities for your Secondary Classroom (includes a freebie!)
- Remembrance Day freebie has been added to the VIP area - be sure to register for free to download it!
I think I am even more obsessed with Instagram than I was last month! I've neatened things up over there too (#neatfreak)! I'm still providing you with regular motivational quotes and I share personal stories of how those quotes have helped me in my teaching. I hope you're enjoying them and can relate!
Also, TpT apparently shared one of my Instagram quotes on their new iPhone App recently, but sadly I didn't get to see it as I'm an Android gal (as you may be able to tell from my feed!)
So on a personal note:
- Half term break has been "The One" this month :P I did have a few lie ins and afternoon naps this past week which have been wonderful! I won't be getting many more of those for the next few months so I made the most of it - haha!
- I'm still healthy and successfully managed to dodge the sneezes and coughs... Seriously, hand sanitiser and vitamin C. All day long.
- I watched Magnificent 7 and Jack Reacher at the cinema which was cool, I enjoyed them!
- Finally, I got a new toy as you can see in my Insta feed - a Google Pixel phone! An upgrade was much needed...
- Next month is all about observations, reports and parents' evenings - AGH! May the (resource)force be with us...!